REVELATION 22:17

REVELATION 22:17
The Spirit and the Bride say,come

Monday, October 4, 2010

Wise Words from Solomon


The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem. I the Preacher was king over Israel in Jerusalem. I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit. Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. I made me great works; I builded me houses; I planted me vineyards: I gathered me also silver and gold,...and the delights of the sons of men, as musical instruments, and that of all sorts. Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun. I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work. All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again. Better is a poor and a wise child than an old and foolish king, who will no more be admonished. Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few. There is an evil which I have seen under the sun, and it is common among men: A man to whom God hath given riches, wealth, and honour, so that he wanteth nothing for his soul of all that he desireth, yet God giveth him not power to eat thereof, but a stranger eateth it: It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools...I said, I will be wise; but it was far from me. That which is far off, and exceeding deep, who can find it out?
Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions. Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. All things come alike to all:For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. Surely the serpent will bite without enchantment; and a babbler is no better. Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment. Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Ecclesiastes 1:1,12,14,2/2:4,8,11/3:17,20/4:13/5:2/6:1,2/7:5,23,24,29/8:11/9:2,5,10/10:11/11:9/12:1,13,14

No comments:

Post a Comment